URGENT CALL TO ACTION:
Call your U.S. Senators to Oppose the SITSA Bill
On Friday, we asked kratom supporters to email their Senators to ask them to oppose the SITSA provisions in the House version of H.R 6.
You responded with over 13,000 emails to Capitol Hill.
Now we need to keep up the pressure!
Fill out the form contained within this email and press the "Call Your Senators" button
When prompted, please enter your phone number and the system will call you and connect you with your Senator.
When connected, please let them know that you are opposed to the SITSA Bill and that the U.S. Senate must hold hearings and consider needed amendments to ensure a host of unintended and potentially harmful provisions are not part of a final opioid bill. We have provided several talking points for reference during the call. As always, please be polite and respectful.
Repeat the process to ensure that you contact both of your Senators.
Thank you for your willingness to help in the fight to protect kratom!
- Identify yourself as a constituent of your Senator and tell them the city where you live (the staff may ask for your zip code)
- Explain to the staff that you are calling to let the Senator know that you are opposed to SITSA Bill (Stop the Importation and Trafficking of Synthetic Analogues Act) because, without an amendment excluding kratom, SITSA will give the Attorney General unfettered power to ban kratom without having to rely on any science.
- Tell the staff the House is demanding SITSA be put back into H.R. 6 that was passed by the Senate without any Senate Hearing or input. Tell them you are strongly opposed to that demand from the House.
- Tell the staffer that kratom has helped you (or someone you know) improve their overall health and well-being
- Ask them to go to www.americankratom.org for more information.
- Thank the staffer and the Senator for their service
Urge Your Senators to Stop SITSA From Being Part of H.R. 6, the Opioid Bill
Help Spread the Word - Please share this with others and ask them to contact their Senators
Edit this message to tell users that can't take action (because of their location) how to contribute. For example, consider adding a link to a petition or donation page that you have created, or add social sharing options so that these supporters can help get the word out on social media.